Thursday, May 2, 2019

Boi 1 Introduction

Hello! My name's Andrea Gomez, I'm 21 years old, and I'm a third year Psychology student at the University of Calgary. I was born in Venezuela and lived there for about 7 years before my family moved to Canada. My first language is Spanish and my second is English. I've also taken French at school; because it's so similar to Spanish, it's easy to grasp. I'm still not very good at it though--my understanding is rudimentary, but I hope to take classes again in the future!

My favorite language, however, is Japanese. For this reason, I'm minoring in Japanese at school. I started studying it in high school because I thought it would be fun and found myself quickly falling in love with the language. Soon after, I began to learn about the culture and history of Japan and became even more interested. My family had travelled around Europe and North and South America, but we'd never ventured as far as Asia. I decided that one day, I would put myself to the test and make it to Japan. Now, here I am! More than anything, I signed up for this group study because I want to further expand my Japanese skills. There's nothing quite like learning on the field! I'm also very curious about Japan's culture and want to experience it for myself. Lastly, I want to follow the wind into the unknown streets of Tokyo and explore! I've never been to Japan, so this group study will be a very precious experience to me. I hope to learn lots from it!

Besides travelling, I also love going out with friends and eating yummy food. Currently, one of my favorites is Korean food! I love anything with a good kick of spice to it. I also really like Brazilian food, but the restaurants I've found are pretty expensive, so I don't get to indulge in it often. However, if you get the chance, definitely go to eat to your heart's content at a Brazilian restaurant! They serve lots of delicious meat, and there's almost always a kick-ass buffet, so it's definitely worth the money. Just make sure you go when you're hungry!

If I'm not eating out with my friends though, I like to spend the day lazing around my house. My favorite days are the ones where I have no responsibilities--it means I get to nap for as long as I want! After a long day of doing nothing at all, napping is definitely my favorite thing to do. Hopefully I won't get so busy in Japan that I won't be able to take a couple of minutes to catch on some sleep!

I know we've all introduced ourselves to each other (many times), but let's get to know each other and make lots of fun memories! I'm glad to be a part of this trip with all of you. Here's to a month of good luck and good grades! I'm sure that if we help each other out, there's nothing we won't be able to do.

All the best,

Andrea



こんにちは!アンドレアです。二十一歳で、心理学科の三年生です。ベネズエラで生まれて、カナダに引っ越した前に、あそこで七年間ぐらい住んでいました。私はスペイン語と英語を話せませ。でも、一番好きの言語は日本語です。今年の冬学期に日本語333を取りましたが、まだ上手じゃないと思うですから、日本に行きたかったです。日本にいるうちに、よく練習することができるですから、ペラペラになれますよ!カナダに帰る前に、日本語を上手になるように、頑張ります!みんな、よろしくお願いします!

アンドレア

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boi 3- Goodbye (。•́︿•̀。)

As this experience comes to an end, I am able to reflect fondly on the memories I have made and things I have learned while in Japan. I wil...